The purpose of this 5-year strategic plan is to elicit how the CA LCC will achieve the mission of informing and promoting integrated science, natural resource management and conservation to address impacts of climate change and other stressors within and across ecosystems. Details on the process used to develop the Strategic Plan can be found in Strategic Planning Phase 1 and Strategic Planning Phase 2 summary reports.
The Strategic Plan has three main objectives:
1) Conduct and coordinate information exchange between scientists and managers to advance decision-making and conservation at a landscape scale.
2) Enhance climate-smart* conservation on a landscape scale.
3) Ensure CA LCC provides effective and lasting outcomes that support California's diverse and thriving ecosystems.
The 5-year Science-Management Framework identifies the process by which the CA LCC provides scientific support for natural resource managers to incorporate climate-smart conservation strategies into their management actions.
The Science-Management Framework has four main objectives:
1) Support ten or more place-based projects distributed across all CA LCC Ecoregions that lead to climate-smart conservation actions by resource managers.
2) Implement at least two interdisciplinary projects to assess and address climate change impacts to priority ecosystem processes at a landscape scale.
3) Develop at least two landscape conservation design projects that provide spatially explicit blueprints that will support climate-smart strategies and actions development.
4) Lessons learned from place-based, ecosystem process and landscape conservation design projects are applied by partners, including implementing climate-smart strategies and actions.
The 5-year Communication Framework identifies the communication methods and tools by which the CA LCC supports climate-smart conservation strategies and partnerships.
The Communication Framework has three main goals:
1) Partners are working as an engaged network to advance climate-smart conservation and decision making.
2) Relevant and useful information is cooperatively synthesized, available and being used to inform on-the-ground efforts towards climate-smart conservation.
3) Increased awareness of the role, contributions and success of the CA LCC.
ESTUARY News Magazine
CA LCC worked with writers at ESTUARY News to produce stories detailing our projects in this quarterly magazine.