September 1-2, 2015; San Diego, CA
- Sue Wotkyns, Institute for Tribal Environmental Professionals
- Nilmini Silva, Assistant Director Energy Policy Initiatives Center, Co-Principal Investigator Climate Education Partners, University of San Diego
- Mike Connolly (Kumeyaay) President, Laguna Resources Services, Inc.
The workshop is being collaboratively hosted by the CA LCC, CA Dept. of Water Resources, Southwest Climate Science Center, CA State Coastal Conservancy, and San Diego Climate Science Alliance.
Poster Session - September 1st 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
We are seeking posters that illustrate climate adaptation planning projects. Tribal, non-tribal, and student work are all acceptable. We are also siiking posters or similar presentation materials that hightlight funging or partnership opportunities for Tribes doing climate adaptation planning projects.
If you are interested in doing a poster or sharing resources and opportunities, please contact Stephanie Lucero (firstname.lastname@example.org or 916-505-0177) by August 21st.
- Jill Sherman-Warne and Nilmini Silva-Send - Overview of Climate Change Impacts for the Region
- Rob Roy - Climate Change Planning at La Jolla
- Michael Connolly Miskwish - Indigenous Responses to Climate Change
- Sue Wotkyns - Introduction to Climate Change Adaptation Planning
- Jonathan Snapp-Cook - U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Tribal Wildlife Grant Program
- Howard Kahan - EPA Climate Change Funding Opportunities
Click here to access the Climate Adaptation Planning Toolkit.